As a lifelong resident and now MPP for Mississauga-Lakeshore, Rudy Cuzzetto is a passionate advocate for our lakefront community, where his family’s roots run four generations deep.
Rudy grew up in Port Credit, where his original family home is designated as a heritage property – the “Cuzzetto Residence” – under the Ontario Heritage Act.
Having worked at Ford Motor Company of Canada for the last 31 years, most recently as a vehicle auditor, Rudy understands the province’s manufacturing sector, which lost 350,000 jobs since 2003.
Rudy now lives in Lorne Park with his wife Marie and sons Michael and Joey. He has served on the local Ratepayers Association – including the Beautification, Education, and Security Committees – and Parent Councils, and as a Board member and property manager at the Mississauga Canoe Club.
On June 26, 2019, Rudy was appointed as Parliamentary Assistant to the Hon. Peter Bethlenfalvy, the President of the Treasury Board of Ontario, with responsibility for Internal Audit.
He currently serves on:
- The Ontario Internal Audit Committee;
- The Standing Committee on Estimates;
- The Ontario-Quebec Parliamentary Association;
- Minister Christine Elliott’s Health Care Caucus Advisory Team;
- The Lung Health Caucus;
- Minister Raymond Cho’s Seniors and Accessibility Caucus Team;
- Solicitor General Sylvia Jones’s Community Safety Advisory Council;
- Minister Steve Clark’s Municipal Affairs and Housing Advisory Committee;
- Parliamentary Assistant Donna Skelly’s Task Force on the Skilled Worker Shortage; and,
- The Infrastructure Red Tape Reduction Team.
Mississauga - Lakeshore
Mississauga-Lakeshore is a spectacular and diverse riding, from our historic lakefront villages – like Port Credit, where Rudy grew up – to our new and vibrant multicultural communities, to the hidden beauty of the Rattray Marsh and the Waterfront Trail. Plans to revitalize the Mississauga waterfront will add new mixed-use communities in Port Credit's West Village, and on the site of the former coal plant in Lakeview.