Celebrating a Year of Governing for the PeoplePublished on June 07, 2019
MPP Rudy Cuzzetto recently celebrated the one-year anniversary since Ontario's Government for the People took office, and a year of working for the people of Mississauga-Lakeshore, to put their interests first
MISSISSAUGA — Along with the entire PC team, MPP Rudy Cuzzetto renewed his commitment to respect taxpayers, encourage job creation, and put people first. To date, over 250 initiatives have been implemented by the government, including charting a reasonable and responsible path to a balanced budget that protects the core services the people of Mississauga-Lakeshore, and people across Ontario rely on every day.
“I'm so proud of all that we have accomplished together over the last year, both to make life more affordable for the people, and to protect and enhance the vital public services that they rely on every day,” said Cuzzetto. “Our government has been working day and night to restore trust in Ontario’s finances, invest in healthcare and education, and make Ontario open for business and open for jobs.”
“Today, we can proudly say: ‘Promises made, promises kept.’”
Over the past year, the government has delivered on a number of campaign commitments that put more money back in people’s pockets, including:
- Cancelling the punishing cap-and-trade carbon tax, saving the average family $260 a year and 4.3 cents a litre at the gas pumps.
- Ensuring minimum wage workers pay no personal income tax in Ontario, saving them up to $800 a year.
- Introducing one of the most flexible childcare tax credits for low- and middle-income families in Ontario’s history.
- Adding a new train every hour on GO Transit's Lakeshore West line, in the largest expansion in GO Transit service in the past five years.
- Starting this summer, expanding access to high-quality dental care for low-income seniors across Ontario.
- Scrapping the outdated Drive Clean program and freezing driver and vehicle fees.
- Improving choice and convenience for consumers by expanding the sale of beer and wine to corner stores, big-box stores, and more grocery stores.
“Everything we do, we do for the people. We have an opportunity build for our future,” added Cuzzetto. “I look forward to continuing to work with our government over the next year to make life better for the people of Ontario, and to continue to turn this province around.”
Office of Rudy Cuzzetto, MPP