MPP Cuzzetto Highlights Infrastructure Investments to Protect People’s Heath and Ontario’s EconomyPublished on April 08, 2021
Spring 2021 P3 Market Update: 41 Projects Valued at Over $60 Billion
MISSISSAUGA – The Ontario government unveiled the latest P3 Market Update which showcases 41 major infrastructure projects valued at over $60 billion across the province that will be delivered using the public-private partnership (P3) model and will protect people’s health and Ontario’s economy.
“Releasing our spring 2021 P3 Market Update is proof that despite the COVID-19 pandemic, our government is still making significant investments to build much-needed infrastructure in our community and across the province,” said Rudy Cuzzetto, MPP for Mississauga-Lakeshore. “These investments will not only deliver more health care facilities, roads, and civil infrastructure but will also attract investment to generate economic growth and recovery.”
Our government is focused on keeping people safe and healthy as we combat the COVID-19 Pandemic. A key element of the government’s action plan includes strategic infrastructure investments in transit, highways, schools, hospitals and broadband.
“The P3 Market Update demonstrates our government’s continuing commitment to protecting people’s health and Ontario’s economy by investing in key infrastructure projects that contribute to growth, support community improvements and protect and create local jobs,” says Laurie Scott, Ontario’s Minister of Infrastructure. “These infrastructure investments in health care, highways and other community safety projects, help to protect the economy, contributing to its renewal and long-term recovery.”
Highlights from the latest P3 Market Update include:
- The RFQ for the Trillium Health Partners Broader Redevelopment of the Mississauga Hospital Site will be issued in winter 2022.
- A contract for the expansion of the GO Transit Lakeshore West corridor will be executed in Summer/Fall 2021.
The P3 Market Update affirms the Ontario government’s commitment to investing in and supporting P3s and public infrastructure projects. Much of its project information is outlined in the 2021 Budget, Ontario’s Action Plan: Protecting People’s Health and Our Economy.
Healthy people are essential for a healthy economy. With vaccines being distributed, hope is on the horizon. Ontario’s Action Plan: Protecting People’s Health and Our Economy provides the resources necessary to finish the battle with COVID-19, building on the government’s record investments to protect health and jobs during the global pandemic.
- The P3 Market Update, released quarterly, is a list of public projects in the pre-procurement and procurement stages for which Ontario has committed investments. The list helps potential local and global private-sector partners organize their time and resources to make sure Ontario gets robust, innovative and competitive bids for its P3 infrastructure projects.
- The P3 Market Update includes a total of 41 projects in planning, including 27 in pre-procurement and 14 in active procurement, totaling an estimated $60 billion in contract value.
- The December 2020 Update outlined investments valued at more than $60 billion in large, complex P3 projects across Ontario.
- The projects in the P3 Market Update are part of the government’s total $145.4 billion in planned infrastructure investments over the next 10 years.
- Infrastructure Ontario (IO), a Crown agency overseen by the Minister of Infrastructure, is responsible for delivering projects under Ontario's P3 model.
- To find out more about projects in your community, visit the Ontario Builds map.
- Ontario Supporting Communities and Job Creation Through Major Infrastructure Projects
- 2021 Budget - Ontario’s Action Plan: Protecting People’s Health and Our Economy
- April 2021 Market Update
Office of Rudy Cuzzetto, MPP
Press Secretary, Minister’s Office
Ministry of Infrastructure