Province Invests $424,300 in Port Credit Athletic ClubsPublished on December 14, 2019
Capital grants of $424,300 through the Ontario Trillium Foundation for the Mississauga Canoe Club, Port Credit Paddling Club, and Don Rowing Club of Mississauga, will help to improve infrastructure along the Credit River, and foster more active lifestyles in Port Credit, and across Mississauga-Lakeshore
MISSISSAUGA – Ontario's Government for the People is providing three capital grants through the Ontario Trillium Foundation, to support non-profit organizations, and to improve community spaces along the Credit River in Mississauga.
Rudy Cuzzetto, MPP for Mississauga-Lakeshore, announced today in Port Credit that the grants will include:
- $150,000 for the Mississauga Canoe Club, to build a fully-accessible gym and a new on-water dock system for 3,000 members;
- $147,000 for the Port Credit Paddling Club, to replace an aging deck, ensuring safety and increasing storage space for a growing membership of 450 paddlers; and,
- $127,300 for the Don Rowing Club of Mississauga, to purchase a new truck and trailer for transporting equipment, improving fuel efficiency and safety for 1000 rowers.
"These clubs have has set new standards of excellence," said Cuzzetto, "driven by the efforts of volunteer coaches, athletes, and the community values we all share. They have developed athletes who have had great success not just in Canada, but around the world – and I am confident that this will continue at the Olympics next year."
An agency of the Government of Ontario, the Ontario Trillium Foundation is mandated to build healthy and vibrant communities throughout Ontario by strengthening the capacity of the volunteer sector through investments in community-based initiatives.
Capital grants through the Ontario Trillium Foundation help improve and broaden access to community spaces. Activities funded include buying and installing equipment; renovations, installations and repairs; building structures or spaces; and making better use of technological resources.
- Ontario Trillium Foundation
- Mississauga Canoe Club
- Port Credit Paddling Club
- Don Rowing Club of Mississauga
Office of Rudy Cuzzetto, MPP